So, last I posted about this baby, it looked like this:
Here is the cost breakdown -
- Laminate computer desk - Free from Brenna (thanks!)
- 1 can Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer - $4.24
- 1 can Valspar Plastic Primer - $5.44
- 1 can Kilz Original spray primer - $5.98
- 1 can Valspar Color Radiance in Coral - $4.98
- 1 can Minwax Poly-Acrylic - $11.97
Honestly, I don't can't really count that full amount for this because I have paint left over in several of the cans (which I plan on using on other pieces for the room), so I'm thinking let's call it $25 :) Not bad for a custom made desk, I must say. My personal recommendation - I know the poly acrylic sounds crazy expensive, but this is the best poly for furniture if you don't want it to yellow overtime. It didn't sputter - it sprayed great - even in a few spots where I thought it had little dots of build up, they evened out as it dried and has a perfectly smooth finish. So worth it!
So if you are thinking you need some new furniture - don't be afraid to revamp an old piece! I took something that wasn't so thrilling and turned it into my favorite piece :) I now am completely addicted and have a garage full of nasty looking old furniture that I have big plans for. I can't wait to fix up another one!